Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Xmas...

Hells bells, it's Xmas time already. This year, I have managed to get myself organized with the least stress possible and for the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to this holiday. As this is the first year as a single parent, (I spent last Xmas in the hospital) I am free from the obligatory visits to every obscure relative within driving distance to deliver last minute chocolates and bath sets. It feels frickin' awesome.

For the first time, I am celebrating this holiday season the way I've always wanted to... with friends and loved ones around some good food and drink. No meaningless knick knack presents, no driving, no shopping and no boxing day retail hell.

In the world of The Aimless Cook, I am proud to announce that we have just reached 2000 subscribers. It has been a long road and I am really enjoying the ride. The viewers are fantastic, positive and supportive. I really love making (lol...lovemaking) the videos and sharing my experience with as many people as I can. I have also begun to promote the official Facebook page. People are starting to 'like' and I am beginning to learn that I have to build 2 audiences. FB fans and YT fans are separate. Facebook people don't always have YouTube accounts, and for that reason I need to cater to that audience by updating statuses with my new uploads and blog posts.

Well, time for me to get back to work. I hope to see you somewhere out there, either on Facebook or YouTube...or of course, in meatspace.



J

No comments:

Post a Comment